Broadline is a spot-on solution for topical use containing the insecticidal and acaricidal fipronil (adulticide) and (S)-methoprene (ovacidal and larvicidal), combined with endectocide eprinomectin and the cestocide praziquantel to complete the broad spectrum activity against gastrointestinal nematodes, lungworms, tapeworms and vesical worms
Broadline is indicated for cats with, or at risk from mixed infestations by
- cestodes (Dipylidium caninum, Taenia taeniaeformis, Echinococcus multilocularis).
- nematodes: L3, L4 larvae, immature adults and adults of Toxocara cati; L4 larvae and adults of Ancylostoma tubaeforme; and adult forms of Toxascaris leonina and Ancylostoma brazilienze. It can be used for the treatment of lungworm and vesical worm infestations (Aelurostrongylus abstrusus , Capillaria spp) and the prevention of heartworm (Dirofilaria immitis).
- ectoparasites (Ctenocephalides felis, Notoedres cati)
* Especially when all 3 groups are targeted at the same time.
Cats <2.5 kg
Volume of unit dose (ml): 0.3
Fipronil (mg): 24.9
(S)-methoprene (mg): 30.0
Eprinomectin (mg): 1.20
Praziquantel (mg): 24.9
Cats 2.5–7.5 kg
Volume of unit dose (ml): 0.9
Fipronil (mg): 74.7
(S)-methoprene (mg): 90.0
Eprinomectin (mg): 3.60
Praziquantel (mg): 74.7
Method of administration:
- Use a pair of scissors to cut the blister along the dotted line, and then pull the lid away.
- Remove the applicator from the package and hold it upright.
- Pull back the plunger slightly, twist and pull off the cap.
- Part the hair on the midline of the neck, between the base of the skull and the shoulder blades until the skin is visible.
- Place the tip of the applicator on the skin and apply the entire content directly onto the skin in one spot.
- Prevention of heartworm disease (Dirofilaria immitis larvae) should start within 1 month after the first expected exposure to mosquitoes.
- For treatment against Aelurostrongylus abstrusus, a second administration one month after the initial treatment may be recommended.