NexGard contains afoxolaner, a novel member of the isoxazoline chemical class. Afoxolaner kills fleas and ticks by targeting a distinct binding site within nerve cell membrane GABA (gamma aminobutyric-acid) – modulated chloride channels, resulting in uncontrolled hyperexcitation and death.
NexGard is a once a month oral palatable braised beef flavoured soft chew with a recommended minimum dose level of 2.5mg/kg bodyweight, effective against fleas and ticks, and with published efficacy studies on generalised demodecosis, sarcoptic and otodectic mange. Each chew contains 2.27% w/w of afoxolaner.
Body Weight: 2-4kg
Body Weight: >4-10kg
Body Weight: >10-25kg
- NexGard can be used in dogs and puppies 8 weeks of age and older, weighing 2kg (4lbs) of body weight or greater.
- The safety of the veterinary medicinal product has not been established during pregnancy and lactation or in breeding dogs. Use only according to the benefit-risk assessment by the responsible veterinarian.
- For dogs above 25kg bodyweight, use an appropriate combination of chewable tablets of different/same strength. The tablets should not be divided.
recombinant virus-vectored technology uses only the genetic material that protect against:
• Canine Distemper Virus
• Canine Parvovirus
• Canine Adenovirus Type II
• Canine Parainfluenza Virus
• Leptospira canicola
• Leptospira icterohaemorrhagiae
Primary vaccination for puppies:
1st vaccine: 8 weeks of age
2nd vaccine: 12 weeks of age
3rd vaccine: 16 weeks of age
One year later
Triennially for core vaccine
Annually for non-core vaccine
Melarsomine dichlorhydrate 50 mg
Glycine 33.75 mg
Indications for use:
Immiticide is indicated for the treatment of immature and mature infestations of Dirofilaria immitis in the dog.
Deep intramuscular, in the lumbar muscles between the third and fifth lumbar vertebrae
• Two injections of 2.2 mg/kg with an interval of three hours between injections: Class I (sub- clinical infestations of Dirofilaria immitis)
• Two injections of 2.5 mg/kg with an interval of 24 hours between injections: Class I (sub- clinical infestations of Dirofilaria immitis)
• Two injections of 2.5 mg/kg with an interval of 24 hours between injections: Class II (moderate infestations of Dirofilaria immitis)
• 1-2 weeks later of symptomatic treatment with 1 injection of 2.5mg/kg and 1-2 months later two injections of 2.5 mg/kg with an interval of 24 hours between
For the latest Heartworm Treatment Protocol, please refer to www.heartwormsociety.org/veterinary-resources/american-heartworm-society-guidelines