Vaxsafe® MG (Strain TS-11)
Vaxsafe® MG (Strain TS-11) is a live attenuated (temperature sensitive) vaccine for the control of chronic respiratory disease (CRD) caused by Mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG) in chickens.
Modiﬁed-live avian Mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG) TS 11 strain
Vaxsafe MG (Strain TS-11) is for the control of chronic respiratory disease (CRD) caused by Mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG) in chickens.
• Only MG-free flocks should be vaccinated.
• Birds should be vaccinated once between 4 and 6 weeks of age.
• Birds should not be moved into an MG infected area until at least 3 weeks after vaccination. Vaccination of flocks in which antibiotics are being used (especially those with anti-mycoplasma activity) must be avoided.
• Where antibiotics have been used, allow for a period of drug withdrawal as prescribed for the antibiotic before vaccinating with Vaxsafe® MG.
METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
• Thaw each bottle in a 35°C water bath. Remove the aluminium seal and stopper and insert the dropper teat.
• A full dose should be administered in a single drop to the eye of each bird.
• A blue dye can be added to the vaccine to check the accuracy of administration.
• Vaxsafe® MG (Strain TS-11) is supplied in a plastic peel-top 30ml eyedropper bottle with a rubber stopper and aluminium seal.
• Each bottle is supplied with a dropper teat and contains 1000 doses.
• The vaccine is supplied frozen (on dry-ice) and should be held at –70°C or lower if the full shelf-life of four years is to be achieved.
• However, the vaccine will maintain its potency for up to 4 weeks, if held in a freezer at –18°C